Speedy Search 2: Some Google Tricks and Hints
These are things you type into the Google search bar to get better search results. Play with them to get a better idea in what they do.
Also, I posted a video I made showing cool tricks, easter eggs and funny things Google has.
1. link:www.yoursite.com – Show’s you some/most of the links google counts to your page. Handy to find out who is linking to you, or whos linking to the competition
2. related:www.yoursite.com – find sites google deems related to any given site
3. site:www.yoursite.com – search the pages of a specific site
4. allinurl: shows only pages with all terms in the url
5. inurl: like allinurl, but only for the next query word.
6. allintitle: shows only results with terms in title.
7. intitle: kind of like allintitle, but only for the next word. “intitle:webmasterworld google” finds only pages with webmasterworld in the title, and google anywhere on the page.
8. cache:url gives you googles cashed (what google has on record) of a site
9. info:url will give you some info about a given site
10. spell: – does a spellcheck (you don’t have to do this, google will spellcheck any words searched)
11. stocks: does a search for stocks
12. filetype: does a search for a specific file type, or, if you put a – in front of it, it won’t list any results with that filetype
13. daterange: is supported in Julian date format only. 2452384 is an example of a Julian date.
14. maps: shortcut to do a google maps search
15. phone: searches for anything that looks like a phonenumber
16. allinlinks: searches only within links, not text or title
17. allintext: searches only within text of pages, but not in the links or page title
http://www.logoogle.com – Different types of google logos
http://www.google.com/romance/ -joke about google dating service
http://www.google.com/googlegulp/ -googles softdrink
http://www.google.com/jobs/lunar_job.html -Now hiring
http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html -how they rank your pages
type in exactly:
the answer to life, the universe, and everything
and get the real answer
Googles Different Languages:
Is the moon really made out of cheese?
Zoom in all the way to see if you can get a better look
Thanks for readying guys…